From "Kevin Jones" <kev...@develop.com>
Subject log4j warnings
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 10:44:06 GMT
When I run cactus tests I'm seeing these warnings

log4j:WARN Failed to set property [conversionPattern] to value "%r [%t] %-5p
%c{2} %x - %m %n". object is not an instance of declaring class
log4j:WARN Failed to set property [append] to value "false". object is not
an instance of declaring class
log4j:WARN Failed to set property [file] to value "cactus_server.log".
object is not an instance of declaring class
log4j:WARN File option not set for appender [cactus].
log4j:WARN Are you using FileAppender instead of ConsoleAppender?

I'm using a standard log_server.properties file which looks like this

log4j.appender.cactus=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.cactus.File=cactus_server.log
log4j.appender.cactus.Append=false
log4j.appender.cactus.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.cactus.layout.ConversionPattern=%r [%t] %-5p %c{2} %x - %m %n
log4j.category.org.apache.cactus=DEBUG, cactus
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, cactus

The log file is being re-created each time (so the file name is being set
and append is being set to false each time).

Anybody know what the warnings are about?

Thanks,

Kevin Jones
Developmentor
www.develop.com