From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: 500 error after accessing WebRequest object
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:30:25 GMT

Good ... :-)

> However, I am unable to run the 22-1.3dev sample - it is throwing a
> NoClassDefFound when it looks for org/apache/log4j/Logger.
> I can't see this package/class structure in the log4j-core.jar
supplied
> with Cactus, or in the main log4j. jar?

I have just downloaded the latest build (1.3dev) from the cactus web
site and I have looked at the included log4j-gump.jar ... and it does
contain the Logger class. Can you verify and make sure you use the
correct log4j jar.

Thanks
-Vincent

P.S. : Almost there Ken ... :-)

> Ken
>

> "Vincent Massol" <vmassol@octo.com>
> 12/20/2001 12:20 PM
> Please respond to "Cactus Users List"
>

>         To:     "'Cactus Users List'" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        RE: 500 error after accessing WebRequest
object

> Ken,
>
> You're out of luck ! :-)
>
> It seems you're using a version of JUnit which is not compatible with
> the version of Ant you're running. In order not to have any problem,
you
> can download the prepackaged Ant provided on the cactus site, in the
> download area (release download section).
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.PlainJUnitResultFormatter.s
> ta
> > rtTest(PlainJUnitResultFormatter.java:158)
> >     [junit]     at
> > junit.framework.TestResult.startTest(TestResult.java:158)
> >     [junit]     at
junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:103)
> >     [junit]     at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:122)
> >     [junit]     at
> junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:173)
> >     [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:168)
> >     [junit]     at
> junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:173)
> >     [junit]     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:168)
> >     [junit]     at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTe
> st
> > Runner.java:209)
> >     [junit]     at

org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
> es
> > tRunner.java:342)
> >     [junit] Exception in thread "main"
> >
> > Ken
> >

> > "Vincent Massol" <vmassol@octo.com>
> > 12/19/2001 09:20 PM
> > Please respond to "Cactus Users List"
> >

> >         To:     "'Cactus Users List'"
<cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> >         cc:
> >         Subject:        RE: 500 error after accessing WebRequest
> object
> >

> > Ken,
> >
> > Can you try to run the latest Cactus sample application as is
(nightly
> > build from the day before yesterday) ? I have included a new unit
test
> > that sets the content-type. If you succeed in running the sample, it
> > means the problems come from your code (either test code or code
under
> > test).
> >
> > To run the cactus sample, simply follow the instructions at
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_sample.html
> >
> > -Vincent

org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.ja