From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: Packaging Cactus in a J2EE application (WAS RE: Cactus : Struts)
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:27:44 GMT

1/ That won't work in the future with EJB redirector
2/ That won't work as other WAR won't have access to the cactus and
junit jars

> If current
> application servers can't accept this concept , there
> not much we can do!

It is not the problem of current application servers ! This is simply
not in the spec. !

> Were you have JAR I would replace them with WAR
> components.
>
> I'm currently setting up my IDE  enviroment to
> automaticly build such a component and deploy to
> Weblogic 6.0 and 6.1

You might be interested in the ant script for WebLogic 6.1 that I have
committed today (in sample/build directory of cactus distribution).

-Vincent