From aklil.gi...@accenture.com
Subject Re: How do I shut off log4j?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:25:41 GMT

Hi Russ,

If you want to shut off log4j, simply take it out of your classpath. I was
getting those errors just because log4j was in my classpath and Cactus
tries to use it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note ....

I have found that NOT having the Log4j packages in my Visual Age Workspace,
makes my Cactus tests fail. This is because the LogService's init() method
which still gets called even if log4j is not in your classpath cannot find
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.
This class is not needed if log4j is not in your classpath, but this still
causes an error.

I think this might be a problem with VAJ rather than Cactus? But I'm not
sure. I have been able to run the Cactus tests using Ant and TomCat. I just
include Log4j in my VAJ workspace to avoid this problem, but this is not
ideal.

Regards
Aklil

            Russ Baker

            <rbaker@NETdelivery.co        To:     cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org

            m>                            cc:

                                          Subject:     How do I shut off log4j?

            06/11/2001 04:30 AM

            Please respond to

            "Cactus Users List"

Hello,

Haven't figured out how to add appenders for my servlet tests and I keep
getting these error messages:

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (TestClasses.MyTest).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

I looked at the documentation and couldn't figure it out.  So can anyone
direct me on how to either shut it down, or correctly add an appender in a
properties file(?).

Thanks

     Russ Baker
     Software Engineer

     NETdelivery

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:cactus-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.