From "Nicholas Lesiecki" <n...@eblox.com>
Subject RE: conditional building of Cactus deployments
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 16:15:34 GMT
Hi Erik! I wish I could offer more help but we've been struggling with basic
Ant issues. Offhand I'd say use the filter-copy to modify the web.xml as you
suggest. Maybe a token value like:

@redirector.mapping@

test.properties would contain:
redirector.mapping=<...full mapping here...>

prodcution.properties could contain:
redirector.mapping=<!---->

As to excluding the test classes, I think we keep them in a separate
directory an explicitly include or exclude that directory from compilation.

Cheers,

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:lists@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 8:01 AM
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: Re: conditional building of Cactus deployments

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Cheesman" <jchees@msl.es>
> >* Some tests are non-Cactus JUnit tests.  Some are Cactus.  I'm
separating
> >them by directory structure.  There needs to be a distinction in the Ant
> >targets on which tests get run and such.
>

> How/why do you want to distinguish between them?

Because regular JUnit tests don't require an app. server installed.  I want
the flexibility to build and run just the plain ol' JUnit tests or step up
to the Cactus ones separately.  This piece is no big deal Ant-wise.

> >* web.xml allow conditional inclusion of the redirector configuration
>
> Think about setting up (i.e. building then copying a war) a test
> application. Then delete it.

I don't quite understand what you mean.  I want a production-quality web.xml
that does not have the Cactus redirectors in there, and the capability to
turn them on when building the test deployment.  I'll figure out a way to
handle this also either using filtered copy in Ant or some other way - I was
just wondering what others were doing in this regard.