From Russ Baker <rba...@NETdelivery.com>
Subject RE: Multiple apps and the cactus.properties file
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:12:53 GMT
Vincent,

I tried to run your latest patch, and I don't know if I have the right
build.  What nightly or release build has the latest code?

Thanks,

Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@octo.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 12:41 PM
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: Re: Multiple apps and the cactus.properties file

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Baker" <rbaker@NETdelivery.com>
To: "'Cactus Users List'" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 9:50 PM
Subject: Multiple apps and the cactus.properties file

http://localhost:80/testApp/servlet/JspRedirector/

> However, in our case we may have several apps, but we want to make sure
that
> the context is preserved.  What we have done is put the servlet
information
> into the web.xml file in our test app (test context), but when we test
other
> servlets in other apps (other contexts) the RequestDispatcher tries to do
> forward and gives a null pointer exception.
>
> The thought I had was to put different versions of the cactus.properties
> file in each of the web apps WEB-INF/classes directory with their own
> context (e.g. cactus.servletRedirectorURL =
> http://localhost:80/realWebbAppContext/servlet/ServletRedirector/).  Will
> this work, or will it always default to the one we place in the
applications
> classpath?

no because the cactus.properties file is only used on the client side (which
finds in it the url to call the redirector). At the moment, this is not
supported. Here is what I propose :
- define a -Dcactus.config=<location of cactus.properties file> that
overrides any cactus.properties put in the classpath.
- this would let you define several <junit> task in your ant build file and
pass a different cactus.properties file for the different applications to
test.

Do you like it ?
-Vincent