From Russ Baker <rba...@NETdelivery.com>
Subject Multiple apps and the cactus.properties file
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:50:51 GMT
I have a question about having multiple apps, but one location to test them
from.  In the cactus.properties file, we define the context for the
ServletRedirector and the JSPRedirector as being:
cactus.servletRedirectorURL =
http://localhost:80/testApp/servlet/ServletRedirector/
cactus.jspRedirectorURL = http://localhost:80/testApp/servlet/JspRedirector/

However, in our case we may have several apps, but we want to make sure that
the context is preserved.  What we have done is put the servlet information
into the web.xml file in our test app (test context), but when we test other
servlets in other apps (other contexts) the RequestDispatcher tries to do a
forward and gives a null pointer exception.

The thought I had was to put different versions of the cactus.properties
file in each of the web apps WEB-INF/classes directory with their own
context (e.g. cactus.servletRedirectorURL =
http://localhost:80/realWebbAppContext/servlet/ServletRedirector/).  Will
this work, or will it always default to the one we place in the applications
classpath?

Thanks,

Russ