From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Re: conditional building of Cactus deployments
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 18:37:55 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <lists@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "Cactus Users List" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2001 6:23 PM
Subject: Re: conditional building of Cactus deployments

yep, except I don't how it would work. The filter work this way: you define
a token in your web.xml (such as @cactus.web.xml@) and then in build.xml,
you would define the filter : <filter token="cactus.web.xml" value="xxx"/>.

The problem is xxx ? Are you going to write the full cactus web.xml part in
a string ... ?

> > > * I do not want duplication in my build.xml
> >
> > euh.. not sure what you mean. all solutions presented here have no
> > duplications
>
> What I was getting at was that I didn't want two different web.xml files,
> and didn't want two <war> tasks (one for production and one for Cactus
> inclusion).  I was just speaking out-loud on that one, I suppose.
>
> > > I'm going to start tackling these issues myself, but if its already
been
> > > implemented nicely then it'd save me some time and I'd be able to
> > contribute
> > > my efforts on the Cactus project in other areas!  :)
> >
> > please do ... :)
>
> ... and I'd get the pleasure of working with Nick again!

you two know each other ... :) ?