From "Erik Hatcher" <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: conditional building of Cactus deployments
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 18:23:23 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vincent Massol" <vmassol@octo.com>

> Solution 1 :
> * Have 2 ant targets : test-junit and test-cactus and just call the one
you
> want

Yup, I'm already doing this.  I was mainly looking to see what others were
doing so that I don't reinvent the wheel.  But I'm perfectly happy coding it
all myself - me and Ant are good buddies!  :)

> Solution:
> * Write an XSL stylesheet that contains the cactus redirectors. Tell me if
> you need help (it is very easy if you know XSL)
> * Use the style ant task to transform your web.xml (production one) into a
> web.xml (test one). The condition to perform the style task or not could
be
> based either on the target name as in solution 1 above or on the
definition
> or not of cactus.include (solution 2 above).

Those are reasonable suggestions, although perhaps a bit overkill for just
having something commented out or not included in web.xml.  I think the
filtered copy idea is the best so far.

> > * I do not want duplication in my build.xml
>
> euh.. not sure what you mean. all solutions presented here have no
> duplications

What I was getting at was that I didn't want two different web.xml files,
and didn't want two <war> tasks (one for production and one for Cactus
inclusion).  I was just speaking out-loud on that one, I suppose.

> > I'm going to start tackling these issues myself, but if its already been
> > implemented nicely then it'd save me some time and I'd be able to
> contribute
> > my efforts on the Cactus project in other areas!  :)
>
> please do ... :)

... and I'd get the pleasure of working with Nick again!

    Erik