From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Re: How do I shut off log4j?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:16:51 GMT
Hi Russ,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Baker" <rbaker@NETdelivery.com>
To: <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 5:30 PM
Subject: How do I shut off log4j?

> Hello,
>
> Haven't figured out how to add appenders for my servlet tests and I keep
> getting these error messages:
>
> log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (TestClasses.MyTest).
> log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>
> I looked at the documentation and couldn't figure it out.  So can anyone
> direct me on how to either shut it down, or correctly add an appender in a
> properties file(?).

see http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_config.html

for example if your application classes where you use log4j to log are in
the my.package package then you would add the following :

log4j.category.my.package.* = DEBUG, cactus

[note: you can define your own appender so that your application logs will
go into a separate file from cactus logs]

or simply change the line "log4j.category.org.apache.cactus = DEBUG, cactus"
to "log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, cactus" but then all categories will use the
cactus appender (i.e single file for all logs).

-Vincent