From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Re: Little advice
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:12:05 GMT
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the compliment and yes, Cactus is indeed focused on unit testing.
Here are a few names of commercial testing software that I have seen for
java (but not tried) :
- test mentor for java from silvermark [seems good and also integrates with
junit]
- jtest from parasoft

on the open source side :
- mock objects (only unit testing - even finer grained than cactus),
- httpunit (functional testing - code is black box)
- junit (of course)

this list if far from being complete.
-Vincent

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Rose" <MailLists@ActiveCert.com>
To: <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 9:10 PM
Subject: Little advice

Hi,

I'm trying to get as broad a view as possible of testing tools both open
source and commercial, above and beyond cactus. I'm impressed with Cactus,
and yet see it as primarily unit testing software. Given the side range of
needs, what do you see people out there using successfully -- again, could
be commercial product if it fits the bill. Thanks,

Gordon