From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Re: How to handle large servlet output ot avoid a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:39:25 GMT
Hi Toby,

Your problem is independent of Cactus. It is related to the JVM. When you
start a JVM, you specify on the command line the amount of memory you'd like
for it (the -ms64m and -mx64m parameters for 64mb). You simply need to
allocate enough memory.

The browser is not a java application. it explains why you do not see the
problem with it.

-Vincent

----- Original Message -----
From: <T.Rademacher@ceyoniq.com>
To: <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 3:41 PM
Subject: How to handle large servlet output ot avoid a
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Hi Folks,

I'm using cactus to test my servlets which is able to load a file form a
specific server and display it using the corresponding mime-type.
But my cactus testCases fails with a OutOfMemoryError when I want to check
for large (about 35 MB) video file (video/quicktime or video/mpeg).
When I invoke the servlet via a browser, the video is displayed correctly.
Is the OutOutMemoryError avoidable?

Thx  a lot
Toby

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best regards

Tobias Rademacher

------
Tobias Rademacher
Software Development
CEYONIQ Healthcare Fon: +49 (0)821 44490-0
GmbH & Co. KG     Fax: +49 (0)821 44490-60
Kurzes Geländ 6     mailto:t.rademacher@ceyoniq.com
86156 Augsburg     www.ceyoniq.com/healthcare
Germany
For additional commands, e-mail: