From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: getOutputStream() has already been called for this response
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 21:46:40 GMT
Keith,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Cheng" <keithcheng@maxistech.com>
To: <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 5:20 AM
Subject: java.lang.IllegalStateException: getOutputStream() has already been
called for this response

> Dear all,
>
> Finally, I got my taglib test cases running but I got the following error
> after the test:
>
> [EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] StandardWrapperValve[JspRedirector]:
> Servlet.service() for servlet JspRedirector threw excep
> tion
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: getOutputStream() has already been called
> for this response

[snip]

> The tests finished successfully and anyone know what is this exception
for?
> I am running tomcat 4.0 + JBoss 2.4.3.

I have not seen this error with the standalone Tomcat 4.0 release. I don't
know what it is. What version of Cactus are you using ?

> Thanks in advance.
>
> In addition, many people got the java.io.StreamCorruptedException error. I
> had this problem before too and my problem is that I put the context path
in
> JspRedirector servlet mapping like this "/test/jspRedirector.jsp" since
the
> example says: "/somewhere/jspRedirector.jsp".  However, the "/test" should
> be removed since I put the jspRedirector.jsp in the root of my context
path.

yes, this is why there is now a FAQ entry for this subject.

> I suggest that the example should omit the "/somewhere" since it is a bit
> confusing, isn't it?

maybe ... :) I wanted to show that you could put it wherever you wanted. I
wouldn't put in the root directory myself as it would mix with my other
non-test files. Which is why I have put it in /test in the sample
application provided with the cactus distribution.

-Vincent