From "Dorothy Gantenbein" <dgantenb...@home.com>
Subject Re: Ant + Cactus + JUnit
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2001 22:03:27 GMT
Hi -

First, I have been using Cactus for a short time but it is awesome.  Our
company has already gotten a huge productivity boost using it.  As for
your questions.

After a lot of experimentation, I have my cactus unit tests deploying
and running in JBoss+Jetty within an enterprise archive (ear).  For my
case, I did not follow the directions about configuring web.xml in the
war file.

Here is a rough outline of the steps.

-          in your ear, add at the top-level cactus.jar, httpclient.jar,
junit.jar.  Depending on your needs, also add httpunit.jar, Tidy.jar,
and log4j-core.jar.
-          in your war, add only your servlet classes.  Do not the
WEB-INF/lib directory in your archive or do anything with Cactus in the
Class-Path (within Manifest.mf).
-          in your jar, add all EJB and test classes.  Add a Manifest.mf
with the Class-Path defined.  Here is my Manifest.mf.

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.3.0 (IBM Corporation)
Class-Path: cactus.jar httpclient.jar junit.jar log4j-core.jar
httpunit.jar Tidy.jar

-          when you deploy your ear in JBoss, you should see something
like this when JBoss deploys your ear.  Notice that 'add all ejb jar
files to the common classpath' appears indicating that your Cactus jars
are now available.

[AutoDeployer] Starting
[AutoDeployer] Watching C:\repository\external\appserver\jboss\deploy
[AutoDeployer] Watching
C:\repository\external\appserver\jboss\deploy\lib
[AutoDeployer] Auto deploy of
file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jboss/deploy/manager.ear
[J2EE Deployer Default] Deploy J2EE application:
file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jboss/deploy/manager.ear
[J2eeDeployer] Create application manager.ear
[J2eeDeployer] inflate and install WEB module manager.war
[J2eeDeployer] install EJB module manager.jar
[J2eeDeployer] add all ejb jar files to the common classpath
[Container factory]
Deploying:file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jboss/tmp/deploy/Defaul
t/manager.ear
[Verifier] Verifying
file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/manager.
ear/ejb1002.jar
[Container factory] Deploying NexusCluster
[Container factory] Deploying ESMEGroup
[Container factory] Deploying SMSCGroup
[Container factory] Deploying ServiceGroup
[Container factory] Deploying ESME
[Container factory] Deploying SMSC
[Container factory] Deploying TrafficIdentifier
[Container factory] Deploying Condition
[Container factory] Deploying Rule
[Container factory] Deploying Service
[Container factory] Deploying StatisticMap
[Container factory] Deploying Statistic
[Container factory] Deploying StatisticType
[Container factory] Deploying ClusterAdmin
[Bean Cache] Cache policy scheduler started
[ContainerManagement] Initializing
[ContainerManagement] Initialized
[ContainerManagement] Starting
[ContainerManagement] Started
[...]
[Container factory] Deployed application:
file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/manager.
ear
[J2EE Deployer Default] Starting module manager.war
[Jetty] Registered Jetty:Jetty=0,context=/nexus,WebApplicationContext=0
[Jetty] Started SetupHandler in
WebApplicationContext[/nexus,file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jbos
s/tmp/deploy/Default/manager.ear/web1001/]
[Jetty] Started SecurityHandler in
WebApplicationContext[/nexus,file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jbos
s/tmp/deploy/Default/manager.ear/web1001/]
[Jetty] Started ServletHandler in
WebApplicationContext[/nexus,file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jbos
s/tmp/deploy/Default/manager.ear/web1001/]
[Jetty] JSP: init
[Jetty] Started WebInfProtect
[Jetty] ResourceHandler started in
file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/manager.
ear/web1001/
[Jetty] Started ResourceHandler in
WebApplicationContext[/nexus,file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jbos
s/tmp/deploy/Default/manager.ear/web1001/]
[Jetty] Stopped SetupHandler in
WebApplicationContext[/nexus,file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jbos
s/tmp/deploy/Default/manager.ear/web1001/]
[Jetty] Destroyed SetupHandler in null
[Jetty] successfully deployed
file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jboss/tmp/deploy/Default/manager.
ear/web1001/ to /nexus/*
[J2EE Deployer Default] J2EE application:
file:/C:/repository/external/appserver/jboss/deploy/manager.ear is
deployed.

Good luck..
Dorothy