From "shridhar MD" <sdhoo...@gresham-computing.com.au>
Subject RE: java.io.StreamCorruptedException
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 23:05:13 GMT
Hi Suprigya,

This error is due to the fact that one of the .jar files is missing either
on client side or server side or both. Could be also due to .properties file
not being in the classpath of the client.

Check on the above. If you have placed all the .jars and .property file
where they are supposed to be, then check the version of the servlet.jar.
Please note that you need to have servlet.jar confirming to servlet2.2

Hope it helps.

Shridhar.

-----Original Message-----
From: Suprigya Babu [mailto:suprigya@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 October 2001 5:50 AM
To: cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: java.io.StreamCorruptedException

Hi,

I tried my first test case today but am stuck in the very initial phase. I
am getting java.io.StreamCorruptedException error.
Please see the stack trace.

My method has just the following lines:
  public void testValues()
    throws Exception
    {
    CustomerInformation servlet = new CustomerInformation();
    servlet.registerUser();
   }

I had put this in the debug mode. The error is thrown even before entering
the above method.

Please advise what might be going wrong.

Thanks,
Suprigya

java.io.StreamCorruptedException: InputStream does not contain a serialized
object
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readStreamHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:849)
	at java.io.ObjectInputStream.<init>(ObjectInputStream.java:168)
	at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHttpClient.java:1
48)
	at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runGenericTest(AbstractTestCase.java:422)
	at org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.java:130)
	at org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.java:371)