jakarta-cactus-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Cactus updated doc for using cargo
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:06:56 GMT
Hi Xuan,

Very cool. I've had a quick look and it sounds good. Some comments:

- I'm not sure I'm clearing my head about how we position the 3 tasks:
<cactus>, <cactustests> and <runservertests>. Do we agree that we should
deprecate <cactus> and remove it in, say, Cactus 1.9? What about
<runservertests>?

- On howto_ant_cactus.html there's a minor indentation problem in the "
Running the Cactus Tests" section (in the build snippet). Same on
task_cactustests.html. In general the rule I follow is 2 spaces for nested
elements and 4 spaces for wrapping attributes.

I'm sending an email to the user list to gather feedback.

[snip]

> >Well, you don't need to leave after the SOC finishes :-)
>
> I think I will stay and contribute when time permits, it means that I
>  will not spam everyone's email as in the last few months :)

Contributing is not spamming! :-) Send as many contributions as you want!

> I'll upload a "SOC-final" patch some time nextweek. So thank Felipe
> comment
> and
> I hope to get comments from other people as well.

I think you're now close to becoming a Cactus committer proper! I think once
we've applied all those patches we'll come to realize that you've got now a
good grasp of Cactus and I'd love to send a vote to propose you as a
committer. Let's see and apply those patches first :-)

Thanks again
-Vincent