jakarta-cactus-dev mailing list archives

From "Sumati Chaturvedi" <schaturv...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE : [idea] need for a new cactus task?
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:57:00 GMT
Hi,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Nicholas Lesiecki [mailto:ndlesiecki@yahoo.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 10 juin 2004 19:23
À : Cactus Developers List
Objet : Re: [idea] need for a new cactus task?

This sounds like a key improvement to Cactus. After all, why have a

client-side component at all? Perhaps webrunner will replace <cactus>

entirely...

> I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to

> display results in end. any ideas?

I think ServletTestRunner already provides an output mechanism, but

frankly I am not familiar with it.

->> Thanks, I'll check it out.

I think it's a great idea and I'm happy to have you contributing.

->> Cool! I'll get started on this then.

Regards

Sumati

Cheers,

Nick

On Jun 7, 2004, at 6:56 AM, Sumati Chaturvedi wrote:

> Hi all,

> Cactus doesn't have an Ant task for launching tests automatically
using

> the ServletTestRunner. I think this could be interesting for various

> reasons :

> -          it can help us test functionally the ServletTestRunner. I

> don't think there is any way to do this right now .

> -          the configuration would be much simpler. There would be no

> classpath settings to be done on the client. Just a one time setting
on

> the server would suffice.

> -          It provides a means for launching automatically tests using

> the ServletTestRunner.

> -          Any others?

> -          And finally, I'm relatively new to Cactus and I'd like to

> learn more about it while doing this!! :-))

> I've discussed this a bit with Vincent, and I'd really like to know

> what

> you think too

> Following is one idea :

> The <webrunner> task (I've called it this for want of other ideas)

> could

> extend JUnitTask. It could reuse to a large extent the existing

> <cactus>

> task except that it would first http-connect to the Servlet Test

> Runner.

> From then on, the Servlet Test Runner can take over as it would for a

> request coming from a browser. I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to

> display results in end. any ideas?

> What do you think?

> I could work on this.

> Regards,

> Sumati

Nicholas Lesiecki

Software Craftsman, specializing in J2EE,

Agile Methods, and aspect-oriented programming

Books:

* Mastering AspectJ: http://tinyurl.com/66vf

* Java Tools for Extreme Programming: http://tinyurl.com/66vt

Articles on AspectJ: