jakarta-cactus-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject Modifying the behavior of <cactifywar> WRT redirectors
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:36:21 GMT
Hi,

The current algorithm for the <cactifywar> task is to add the default
redirectors only if the user has not specified any redirector of the
same type (servlet, jsp, filter).

However this is causing a problem.

The algorithm in the <cactus> task is to use the first redirector found
in web.xml and use it to verify if the container is up and running. If
the user has defined a secured redirector, it fails of course...

I'm proposing that we *always* add the non-secured default redirectors
first in the web.xml and then the additional ones defined by the user.

That assumes that the default redirector names are now reserved and
cannot be used by end users (currently ServletRedirector, JspRedirector
and FilterRedirector).

We could also change these default names to be:
DefaultNotSecuredServletRedirector, etc

I think it would be better as it would not impact any existing Cactus
users. Whereas keeping the ServletRedirector names could possibly impact
those who are using these names in their <cacitywar> task to define
secure redirectors for example.

What do you think? Ok to go ahead?

Thanks

-Vincent