jakarta-cactus-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Unit tests for server side code?
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:50:59 GMT
Vincent Massol wrote:
> [...]

[snip]

>>So, I toyed with the idea of starting to add at least one test (to the
>>class
>>I was modifying). That prompted me to ask the question: which mock
>>framework
>>should we use to support our "server-side" unit tests? I'm in favor of
>>easymock, since I know it well. However, I feel that the rest of the
> team
>>may have more thoroughly researched opinions than mine on the subject.
>
> Yeah, we've not had to use any mockobject fwk so far and you're right we
> need to pick one for our logic unit tests. I personally prefer DynaMock.
> I find EasyMock too verbose. I'm including an example project comparing
> the two (it also compares Cactus with them). Of course the example is
> really simplistic but when the examples become more complex, DynaMock
> shines.

I am also very much in favor of MockObjects dyna mock stuff. It's
extremely nice. (I have no idea though how much the team behind
mockobjects is dedicated to API stability...)

BUT, if we add a dependancy on a mock framework, only *after* we've
branched out 1.5 :-)

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de