jakarta-cactus-dev mailing list archives

From "Florin Vancea" <fvan...@maxiq.ro>
Subject Re: Patch for JBoss starting too slow
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:42:06 GMT
Hi Chris,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Lenz" <cmlenz@gmx.de>
To: "Cactus Developers List" <cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: Patch for JBoss starting too slow

[snip]

> I agree, and actually I thought it was doing that already ;-)
>
> So this also makes it unnecessary to expose the wait times, as discussed
before?

I guess so. At least it works fine for me.

> > I also attach a patch (not necessarily the best approach :) ).
>
> The patch looks good, and I'll commit it. Thanks!

Great!

> > Thanks,
> > Florin
> >
> > P.S. Seems that the JMX bean that I posted earlier (last week) was not
> > considered a good approach by anyone. Some feedback would have been
nice,
> > though. I hope this one _will_ get some kind of answer (any, including
"quit
> > bugging us").
>
> I've read your message and had a quick glimpse at the javadocs, but
haven't
> had the time to look in more detail, which would be necessary to give any
> kind of half-intelligent feedback :-P

Now I know who was bothering to look at them (I was kind of monitoring the
accesses) :)

Actually after I took a deeper look at the Cactus-integration sources I see
that hot-deployment is not provisioned for in the current architecture, so
my bean is not that useful for Cactus.
I myself am currently pre-deploying (with JMX wait) before launching the
<cactus...> task. It works well (with JBoss pre-started) and IMO there's no
reason for doing any changes.
Maybe I jumped the gun a little when suggesting the inclusion of JMX wait.
Now I realize that not all containers may support hot-deploy and that's not
Cactus's concern anyway since pre-deployment is possible.

> Don't give up yet!

Won't, thanks.

Florin