jakarta-cactus-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: 1.5 Date WAS: RE: Unit tests for server side code?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 16:12:31 GMT

sample-servlet
> > one. What's wrong with this?
> >

> Nothing at all! I understand perfectly. However, there are no luts for
any

luts?

> Cactus code that relies on objects like request, session, etc. Anyway,
> think that using mocks in the framework is the right way to go, and I
> agree
> that we should wait until after 1.5. However, that begs the
question--when
> are we going to branch and/or release 1.5? I have a certain momentum
built
> on this issue  now, and I don't want to wait for too long to finish
it.

Ideally this should happen sometime this week or the coming week end.
You can of course implement the feature on your local machine or we can
create a branch for it if you wish?

> If this feature does not make it into 1.5, I strongly suggest that we
put
> it into 1.5.1. It will correct an extremely frustrating bug.

Ok.

> Regarding DynaMock, it seems like a good idea. If what you say about
it is
> correct and it is only version 0.09, then I don't think we can
reasonably
> expect API compatiblilty.

There are some projects that are afraid to do releases. The MockObjects
project is one of them. It's been there for 2 years now. The DynaMock is
new stuff though and has only gone through 2 releases. I know it's
changing a bit in CVS at the moment but nothing that we cannot manage
easily.

-Vincent

> Cheers,
> Nick

DynaMock.
> > I find EasyMock too verbose. I'm including an example project
comparing
> > the two (it also compares Cactus with them). Of course the example
is
> > really simplistic but when the examples become more complex,
DynaMock

cactus-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org