jakarta-cactus-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: How to integration test the unique id?
Date Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:14:02 GMT
Hi Nick,

I think there are several tests: one is making sure the generator
generates unique Ids. That's going to be too difficult to really test in
a thorough manner, as it would involve testing on different machines,
etc. However, we can still probably test that to some extent on the same
machine using a combination of ActiveTestSuite and RepeatedTest.

The other test is to verify the whole use case works and for that we
also need to run several tests in different threads and making sure that
the result stored in the application config matches the unique id. This
could also be tested with ActiveTestSuite/RepeatedTest I think.

What do you think?

-Vincent