jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayake <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BSF 3.0 FINAL upload to Maven Central repo
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:28:57 GMT
Guys,

One more thing, if I understood correctly, so far we have kept the BSF-3
code as branches .. haven't we?. But IMHO, it should be other way round.
We should move the BSF-2.x code to a branch and move the BSF-3 in the
trunk simply because BSF-3 is the code which will evolve in future
(whereas BSF-2.x will remain in the maintenance mode).

Sebb, what is the code that are fixing at the moment .. is it [1] ?

Best Regards,
Sanka

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/bsf/branches/bsf3.x/

On 03/19/10 03:02, sebb wrote:
> On 19/03/2010, Brett Randall<javabrett@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Thanks Sebb.
>>
>>   Are the issues with the POMs documented/mentioned anywhere or in a JIRA?
>>

> Not in JIRA, but I seem to remember someone said that there was a
> problem with the POMs that meant the Maven deploy did not work
> properly.
>
> Of course I can't find the mail thread just now...
>

>>   Brett
>>

>>   On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:03 AM, sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>   >  On 18/03/2010, sebb<sebbaz@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>   >  >  On 18/03/2010, Sanka Samaranayake<ssanka@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>   >  >   >  Hi,
>>   >  >   >
>>   >  >   >   I think the easiest way is to use maven build tool, but it
has to be
>>   >  done
>>   >  >   >  at the time of creating the release artifacts (at least AFAIK).
The
> [...]
using
>>   >  the
>>   >  >   >  exact same content what were uploaded to local maven2 repository
when
>>   >  >   >  creating the release artifacts.
>>   >  >   >
>>   >  >   >   In any case perhaps we should wait to see whether Sebb responds
>>   >  this if
>>   >  >   >  not we can initiate the third-party request process.
>>   >  >
>>   >  >
>>   >  >  I'm not really the person to ask about Maven artifacts.
>>   >  >
>>   >  >   I created the non-Maven archives, which were released after the formal
>>   >  >   release process was completed.
>>   >  >
>>   >  >   The Maven artifacts were produced part-way through the process, and
>>   >  >   it's not clear that they were formally voted on, so they have not
been
>>   >  >   released.
>>   >  >
>>   >  >   As I understand it, the poms need some work - but I have no idea what
>>   >  do.
>>   >  >
>>   >  >   I think there have been some bugs reported/fixed since the previous
>>   >  >   release, so perhaps the best would be to fix the poms and then do
>>   >  >   another full release, including the Maven artifacts.
>>   >  >
>>   >  >   I'll do a trawl of the outstanding bugs to see what still needs to
be
>>   >  done.
>>   >
>>   >  There was one minor bug, which I have fixed, so I think we are good to
>>   >  go with a new release.
>>   >
>>   >  Should probably be 3.0.1 rather than 3.1, as no major changes.
>>   >
>>   >  Just need to find someone to fix the pom(s).
>>   >
>>   >  >
>>   >  >   >   Regards,
>>   >  >   >   Sanka
>>   >  >   >
>>   >  >   >   [1] http://continuum.apache.org/development/release.html
>>   >  >   >
>>   >  >   >
>>   >  >   >
>>   >  >   >   On 03/17/10 07:12, Brett Randall wrote:
>>   >  >   >
>>   >  >   >  >  Hi,
>>   >  >   >  >
>>   >  >   >  >  What's the process for getting BSF 3.0 FINAL uploaded
to Maven
>>   >  Central?
>>   >  >   >  >  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BSF-28
>>   >  >   >  >  If there's nobody here available to run the upload, I
think there's
>>   >  a
>>   >  >   >  >  third-party request process to have it mirrored - should
I initiate