jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project jakarta-bsf3 (in module jakarta-bsf3) failed
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 19:47:24 GMT
On 05/10/2009, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2009-10-05, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
>  > [INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: The following error occurred while executing
this line:
>  > /srv/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-bsf3/bsf-engines/build.xml:99: taskdef class
com.rc.retroweaver.ant.RetroWeaverTask cannot be found
>  >  using the classloader AntClassLoader[]
>

> Gump is using retroweaver 2.0.7 who's task class name is
>  net.sourceforge.retroweaver.ant.RetroWeaverTask - it never occured to me
>  that BSF might be using a much older version for a pretty recent build
>  system.
>
>  Are you planning to stick with 1.2.x or do you intend to upgrade to 2.x
>  at any point in time?

AFAICT, retroweaver is only used to enable the downloaded engines to
be used with Java 1.4. Seems to me that upgrading to 2.x would be
sensible - anyway, it won't affect the api and utils modules.

>  retroweaver 1.2.3 (which BSF's POM specifies) has been released in
>  April 2006, 1.2.5 in September 2006, 2.0 in March 2007 and 2.0.7 (which
>  Gump provides) in October 2008.

Alternatively, just skip the engines module in Gump.