jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project jakarta-bsf (in module jakarta-bsf) failed
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:54:02 GMT
On 2009-09-29, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/09/2009, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>>  The Ant build of BSF 2.4 had a bunch of optional dependencies on various
>>  scripting language implementations.  I assume they have become
>>  non-optional for the mvn build.

> Not sure - the core part of BSF 3.0 does not need any external
> libraries (apart from JUnit).

Yes, I've seen that (I tried to collect a few dependencies from the
POMs).  Right now Gump will try a reactor build of BSF3 but I intend to
split out the API build once we manage to build BSF3 inside of Gump at
all.

Splitting out bsf-api will also allow us to break the current dependency
cycle of BSF-Reactor depends on Axiom depends on JEXL depends on BSF-API.

>From what I've understood now, BSF 2.4.x (AKA trunk) is probably not
going to be adapted to Jython 2.5.x, correct?

Stefan