jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project jakarta-bsf (in module jakarta-bsf) failed
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:44:51 GMT

sebb wrote:
> On 29/09/2009, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>  From what I've understood now, BSF 2.4.x (AKA trunk) is probably not
>>  going to be adapted to Jython 2.5.x, correct?
>>

> Yes, correct.
>
> AFAIK, there's no interest in developing BSF 2.4 further.

There is, I would like to create a final 2.5, which should incorporate
all fixes for from Issuezilla, plus an engine to access the JSR-223
engines, and a JSR-223 for allowing JSR-223 hosts to use BSF 2.x
engines. The idea is to allow existing infrastructures to make the move
to BSF 3.0 without any force ("organically", step-by-step, whatever
seems appropriate for those who have invested into BSF 2.x).

Originally, I intended to do these "final tasks" over the summer, but
have been stuck with a (for me) large project, which still is not
finished (making Java appear to be a dynamic language for the purpose of
ooRexx, which itself uses an enhanced version of BSF 2.4 at the moment).
Because of that I have been quite "quiet" and hum, being frustrated a
little bit about not having been able to finalize that project.

Let me also say, that I *highly* appreciate all the work and efforts,
that you - sebb - have invested in the past months to make it happen
that BSF 3.0 can become a GA release! (I just have wished, that I would
have been able to help a little bit more in that process, other than
testing the builds and voting!)

Regards,

---rony