jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Drop support for BSF 2.4? Re-organise BSF SVN?
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2009 15:39:54 GMT
I cannot see much point in trying to support BSF 2.4 going forward.
Seems like a lot of work for little or no gain, as JSR-223 is the future.
I suggest we mark all outstanding 2.4 bugs as WONT FIX.

The jakarta/bsf/trunk SVN directory currently contains both the BSF
2.x and BSF 3 code-lines, as well as some obsolete code (bsf3/old).

This is quite confusing at first.

Perhaps SVN can be tidied up so that BSF2 and BSF3 are in independent
directory trees?

For example, move BSF 2.x code to a branch, and make trunk for bsf3 only.