jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: BSF 3.0 release?
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:17:13 GMT
Hi Sebb,

sebb wrote:
> Is there any interest in releasing a non-Beta 3.0 version of BSF?
>
> I'd like to update JMeter to use BSF 3, and would prefer to ship it
> with a non-Beta release if possible.
>
> There don't seem to be any outstanding JIRA bugs for 3.0.
>
> I found a minor problem with the Main class (throws NPE rather than
> reporting that it cannot find a language implementation) which I will
> fix shortly.
>
> I also think it would be useful to add the Main class to the manifest
> so one can execute the jar directly.
>
> Any thoughts?

Well, I guess it would be o.k. to go for a release as it psychologically
might make a differences.

---

Have been waiting on getting somehow access to the JSR-223 TCK. My last
attempt a couple of months (sending an e-Mail to the spec lead Mike
Grogan) resulted in an e-mail-address error from the Sun mailer to the
effect that that e-mail address was unknown. Just tried it again and
received:

    This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

      Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:10:02 +0200
      From: "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatscher@wu-wien.ac.at>
      To: Mike.Grogan@sun.com
      Subject: Ping ...

    Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

      Recipient address: @sunmail2sca.sfbay.sun.com:Mike.Grogan@sun.com
      Original address: Mike.Grogan@sun.com
      Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
      Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.1.1 <@sunmail2sca.sfbay.sun.com:Mike.Grogan@sun.com>...
User unknown
      Remote system: dns;sunmail5.uk.sun.com (TCP|129.146.11.74|57021|129.156.85.165|25)

    Reporting-MTA: dns;nwk-avmta-1.sfbay.Sun.COM (tcp-daemon)

    Remote-MTA: dns;sunmail5.uk.sun.com (TCP|129.146.11.74|57021|129.156.85.165|25)
    Diagnostic-code: smtp;550 5.1.1
     <@sunmail2sca.sfbay.sun.com:Mike.Grogan@sun.com>... User unknown

Not sure, whether this is a relaying error or not.

Anyway, in March I posted on the ASF jcp list another request to Geir
w.r.t. JSR-223 therefore (and cc'ed it to this list), but that has not
brought up news so far either.

---

So again, whatever you think serves the purpose best, it has my +1.

HTH,

---rony