jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 3.0 beta3 RC2
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 12:18:45 GMT
Hi Sebb, hi ant,
> I think it's wrong to exclude the PMC from the release vote.
>
> If the project is deciding whether to go for a release, then that vote
> can be on the dev list only, but actual release votes need to involve
> the PMC as it is the PMC who ultimately have responsibility for the
> release.
>
> It's most likely the same people will vote anyway, but the PMC needs
> to be formally involved.
>
> On 05/04/2009, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The way we've done it here in the past is to have a vote here and if
>>  there's not enough votes then go ask others to come and vote.

not knowing the rules in this corner, how about if I just forward ant's
original vote e-mail to the Jakarta-PMC?

Actually, before we invest too much time in this thread, I will just go
forward and do that, such that "all bases are covered" and we just count
whether three +1 come back. This way, all of the PMC members are made
aware of that there is life in BSF...
:)

Regards (and thanks for all that great work and efforts!)

---rony