jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: BSF 3.0 progress update
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:37:17 GMT
Hi Sebb:

great work of yours! I truly think that you (and ant who thankfully has
started this round of updating BSF 3.0) have been doing a *very*
remarkable and highly appreciated job, checking thoroughfully the
release candidates, reviewing detailfully the file contents, overhauling
the classes and adding the sorely needed tests!

sebb wrote:
> I think I've now finished updating the javax.script classes - in the
> end, not all that many API changes needed to be made, and they will
> only affect users who did not use the official API documentation.

In addition, so far BSF 3.0 has been dubbed to be "beta", indicating
that there may be bugs in it.

> The changes are all documented in the RELEASE_NOTES - by the way, it
> would be useful if the RN file were included in the binary jars.
>
> The test cases for the API classes have also been run against the Sun
> WIndows Java 6 implementation, and they complete without error.

Great!

> So if anyone creates an application using BSF 3.0 on Java 1.4, they
> should be able to switch to the Java 6 implementation without any
> change in behaviour (assuming that the test cases are complete!).

Maybe we should advertise this to the Java related ASF projects, if they
can see a benefit in supporting scripts?

> I'm intending to convert JMeter to use BSF 3.0 at some stage, so my
> experience here will hopefully be useful when I do.

Definitely, so please keep us posted about your achievements!

Kudos to you (and also to ant)!

Regards,

---rony