jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject BSF 3.0 progress
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:24:33 GMT
I think the javax.script classes are nearly ready.
There are one or two unit tests still needed and the Javadoc needs a
final going over.

The bsf-utils component includes an HTTP component and an XML
component. However, HTTP does not seem to be complete, and the
ScriptEnginePool is definitely not complete or bug free.

The XML component has comments regarding temporary code for beta2, and
this is referenced in the ScriptEngineManager.initXMLHelper() method -
should this code still be there?

If so, the Release Notes should note that these classes are not complete.

==

There's almost no documentation on BSF 3.0 - the existing
documentation is all about BSF 2, which is completely different.
There's also no information on upgrading.

I think these need fixing before a formal (non-beta) release of 3.0 can be made.