jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Adding a related project
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:16:27 GMT
Hi James,
> My name is James Ervin, I am the author of the Groovy Monkey (update site =
> http://groovy-monkey.sourceforge.net/update web =
> http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy+Monkey) scripting tool for Eclipse.  I am
> making use the BSF scripting engine to allow users to write scripts in
> groovy, beanshell or ruby.  I was wondering if I could get my project added
> to the list of related projects on your web site?
Sure. Can you supply a small descriptive text with a link?

> Also, I was wondering how busy this project is these days?  Has BSF been
> completely taken over by javax.script?  If that is the way to go, is there a
> good way to allow javax.script to be used in Java 5.0?
There is BSF 3.0 in beta which is an implementation of javax.script and
makes it available for earlier versions of Java (the Apache Harmony
project uses it).

As BSF 2.4 and 3.0 has matured, there is actually not much one needs to
do, so a "calm BSF" list is a good sign.

There are a few little open issues, which will be addressed (actually,
during the Easter vacation I would like to tackle them one by one; in
that context it would be possible for me to add your project to the BSF