jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "James Ervin" <jeer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a related project
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 21:37:51 GMT
Thank you, so let me give a shot at the description:

dynamic scripting tool for the Eclipse Platform/RCP that enables you to
automate tasks, explore the Eclipse API and engage in rapid prototyping.
Groovy Monkey makes use of the BSF framework to allow users to write scripts
in Beanshell, Groovy or the Ruby language.  If you have ever wanted to be
able to quickly experiment with or write simple automation tasks for the
Eclipse environment, this is the tool for you.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Rony G. Flatscher <
Rony.Flatscher@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:

> Hi James,
> > My name is James Ervin, I am the author of the Groovy Monkey (update
> site =
> > http://groovy-monkey.sourceforge.net/update web =
> > http://groovy.codehaus.org/Groovy+Monkey) scripting tool for Eclipse.  I
> am
> > making use the BSF scripting engine to allow users to write scripts in
> > groovy, beanshell or ruby.  I was wondering if I could get my project
> added
> > to the list of related projects on your web site?
> >
> Sure. Can you supply a small descriptive text with a link?
> > Also, I was wondering how busy this project is these days?  Has BSF been
> > completely taken over by javax.script?  If that is the way to go, is
> there a
> > good way to allow javax.script to be used in Java 5.0?
> >
> There is BSF 3.0 in beta which is an implementation of javax.script and
> makes it available for earlier versions of Java (the Apache Harmony
> project uses it).
> As BSF 2.4 and 3.0 has matured, there is actually not much one needs to
> do, so a "calm BSF" list is a good sign.
> There are a few little open issues, which will be addressed (actually,
> during the Easter vacation I would like to tackle them one by one; in
> that context it would be possible for me to add your project to the BSF
> page).
> Regards,
> ---rony

James E. Ervin, IV

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Blog: http://iacobus.blogspot.com