jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Ulf Dittmer <...@ulfdittmer.com>
Subject Re: updating the WWW-site
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:34:44 GMT
Ant said:
> If we just return to the 2.4 status quo then the 3.0 releases will
> never get
> announced, so unless someone feels particularly strongly about it
> i'd rather
> leave it broken like this as at least then it prompts everyone to
> help try
> to get 3.0 published properly.

Am I understanding correctly that you're proposing to leave the
download page as it is? If so, then I do feel strongly that that's
the wrong thing to do. Many more people are interested in release
versions than beta versions. There are also plenty of links to that
page that mention that that's where you can get BSF 2.4. Having to
follow the "browse download area" or "archive" links is counter-
intuitive; it looks as if there is no released version right now.

Why not put up the beta version someplace else (I seem to remember
seeing a link to Ant's personal pages at apache.org that contained
it), and change the announcement to point to that page?

(As an aside, I would argue that even after the 3.0 release, 2.4
should remain available, and visibly linked to.)

Ulf