jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: updating the WWW-site
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2007 17:43:19 GMT
On Nov 22, 2007 9:34 AM, Ulf Dittmer <ulf@ulfdittmer.com> wrote:

> Ant said:
> > If we just return to the 2.4 status quo then the 3.0 releases will
> > never get
> > announced, so unless someone feels particularly strongly about it
> > i'd rather
> > leave it broken like this as at least then it prompts everyone to
> > help try
> > to get 3.0 published properly.
>
> Am I understanding correctly that you're proposing to leave the
> download page as it is?

Only until all the  permissions problems get resolved, which sounds like it
wont be long.

(As an aside, I would argue that even after the 3.0 release, 2.4
> should remain available, and visibly linked to.)

I agree with you,  the 2.x and 3.x  versions have completely different APIs
so some people will stay on 2.x  for the foreseeable future and we should
keep both available.

   ...ant