jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Ad Website-Update: little howto ...
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:41:31 GMT
Hi there,

vaguely I remembered an e-mail from Antoine Levy-Lambert who gave very
valuable hints how to proceed with updating the web site and finally
managed to find it:

-------------------- cut here ----------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:24:10 +0200
From: "Antoine Levy-Lambert" Subject: Re: Request for help
To: "Jakarta Project Management Committee List" <private@jakarta.apache.org>

Hello Rony,

I suppose you should read this document :

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site2.html

you would need to checkout the complete
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/site/

then change the source of the document you are interested in in the subdirectory xdocs/site
(as xml)

then run ant from the main directory where you checked out svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/site/

then check in your changes in both source xml and generated html (this point is not documented).

then logon as yourapacheuser@people.apache.org
cd /www/jakarta.apache.org
svn update

I do not know if people.apache.org is up and running now, but you can still do the work with
svn.

Regards,

Antoine

... snipp ...

-------------------- cut here ----------------------

This is what I did:

    * checking out the bsf branch, e.g.
      svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/bsf/trunk bsf
    * changed "xdocs\changes.xml"
    * ran ant with the "build-site" argument, which will transform the
      files in the "xdocs" directories to HTML and stores the results in
      the "docs" directory
    * do an "svn update"
    * then follow the instructions above and proceed as follows:
          o in the ssh-session on "people.apache.org" you could also
            change directly to "cd /www/jakarta.apache.org/bsf" and run
            "svn update" from there

Regards,

---rony