jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Coarse idea of a "bsf2.4-engine" for "bsf3", request for comments ...
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:09:35 GMT
Hi ant,

ant elder wrote:
> I think that would be really really good. For one it would make it much
> easier to not have to use the Sun script engines in BSF3 as we could just
> use the existing BSF 2.4 engines until we write our own native JSR223
> engines.

Yes, also it would allow to employ scripting languages for which no
JSR223 ones exist (yet).

> I've not tried this, when i posted about it ages ago it was about the other
> way around - using JSR223 script engines in BSF 2.4:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/ant/container.script/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/container/script/jsr223/JSR223BSFEngine.java
>
>    ...ant

Thank you very much for that very helpful pointer!

What do you (and everyone else) think about incorporating this with the
BSF distribution?
Or maybe even incorporating it into the BSF package itself (using a
package name like "org.apache.bsf.engines.JSR223", class name remaining
unchanged as "JSR223BSFEngine")?

Regards,

---rony