jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "ant elder" <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BSF3 code status
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:18:00 GMT
Thanks for the all the encouragement :) Be great if you can help, and a Rexx
engine sound good.

Fyi, i've got things to a state where it all seems to build and work ok now,
and I've published a beta1 SNAPSHOT build to the Apache maven snapshot
repository:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/bsf/

There's 4 jars, bsf-api, bsf-engines, bsf-utils and bsf-all. The bsf-api is
just the javax.script APIs so people could use that if they just need to
compile their application against the APIs with out running anything.
Bsf-engines includes the 25 script language engines retrowoven to be
JDK 1.4compatible. Bsf-utils includes things like the script servlet
and command
line Main utility. The Bsf-all jar includes all those merged together into
one jar for ease of use. I've not tested all the available languages but
there's simple helloworld style testcases for JavaScript, E4X, JRuby, and
Jython  which all run ok.

I'm going to start trying to use this beta1 snapshot in other Apache
projects like Synapse and Tuscany now to help test things out.

    ...ant