jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release BSF 2.4.0
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:43:59 GMT
Hi Sanka,

*great* (and kudos to you for all your work that has gone into it from
your side)!

> I would like propose both the bsf-2.4.0-rc1 binary and source
> distributions as the first release candidates for bsf-2.4.0
> release which are available for review fromthe following
> http://people.apache.org/~sanka/bsf-2.4.0-rc1/
Just noticed that the samples-directory does not contain the version
that I created. This is my fault as I have been working on the wrong
samples directory on my machine (I have a local svn for BSF and did not
realize that I was not updating the Apache svn repository). For that
reason I would like to make the following changes and check them in and
request to put them into the distribution (those few nutshell samples
are the most important enabler for newcomers to BSF):

    * remove "samples/jsp", "samples/jsplike", "samples/multiplication_test"
          o reasoning: these directories contain Windows-dependent
            scripts (platform dependent OLE/ActiveX scripting engines),
            which cannot be run with this release of BSF. (One would
            need to create the COM/OLE-interfaces either with JNI or
            using Eclipse's swt classes for COM/OLE.)
    * add the missing scripts to the remaining sample directories (a few
      ooRexx, Jython/Python and Jacl/Tcl scripts).

Will go ahead to incorporate these changes and check them in right away.

> I also suggest that we do an immediate feature freeze and accept only
> the bug-fixes, (if we come across any) and upgrade this to bsf-2.4.0
> release if there isn't any significant changes with in two more weeks
> time.
+1 (After reflecting the changes in the "samples/" branch.)

> I can volunteer to be the release manager for this release if necessary.
+1

Regards,

---rony