jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject distribution question
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 05:05:40 GMT
Hi,

When bsf is shipped, will there be a default scripting language
shipped with it?  The reason I ask is that to refactor the bsf
build.xml file I'd like to use a scriptdef and javascript, I can get
this working now, but obviously this is of no use if bsf itself
requires an extra scripting library to be built!

To refactor the bsf build.xml to DRY, I can use a <scriptdef> instead
of the horrible <antcall> structure currently available.  As bsf is a
script friendly tool, it makes some sense to use <scriptdef> in the
building of bsf.  So I guess that for building/testing bsf, a
scripting language lib is required (like js.jar for example), this
would make bsf dependent on a 3rd party product for building itself.

Now, I can build bsf with the newly refactored build.xml using
javascript, so long as I make javascript available to ants
classpath.  Is this ok or not - please give feedback.

Kev
--
"I call it the State where everyone, good or bad, is a poison-
drinker: the State where universal slow suicide is called - life" -