jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Kev Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: State of release efforts ?
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 01:00:41 GMT
> Though I do not know the exact steps for an official release and
> vote, what I can remember from Henning's helpful insights, we would
> need to have a release candidate set up that should be able to be
> buildable on Java 1.3 through 1.5 on Windows, Linux and MacOS.

If you give me warning, I can test the build on Mac OSX (10.4) with
jdk1.5 (and perhaps 1.4 as well)

> Now, as Kev is helping with the build process and trying to get the
> latest BSF for the ant project, we should try to get to a release
> candidate for BSF 2.3 as quickly as possible. Would you think it to
> be possible for you to get one release candidate created by this
> coming weekend by any chance?

Ant 1.7 beta went out a couple of days ago - for the final release,
we love to be able to build our ant-bsf.jar against the next release
of BSF.

I'm sorry I haven't had the time to devote to refactoring the build
file that I thought I'd have.  I will try to look into it again today/
tomorrow.  Right now I think that the scriptdef is not the correct
way to resolve the problem with the number of antcalls as it requires
that BSF be already installed in Ant before you can build BSF - a
circular dependency.

Will keep you updated with my efforts.

Thanks,
Kev

--
"All governments are in equal measure good and evil.  The best ideal
is anarchy." - Leo Tolstoy