jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject State of release efforts ?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:25:45 GMT
Hi Sanka, hi Nandika,

as the next ApacheCon (US) is coming up in the first week of October a
successful release of BSF by then would make good news in the Apache
context.

Though I do not know the exact steps for an official release and vote,
what I can remember from Henning's helpful insights, we would need to
have a release candidate set up that should be able to be buildable on
Java 1.3 through 1.5 on Windows, Linux and MacOS.

Now, as Kev is helping with the build process and trying to get the
latest BSF for the ant project, we should try to get to a release
candidate for BSF 2.3 as quickly as possible. Would you think it to be
possible for you to get one release candidate created by this coming
weekend by any chance?
(If so, we could try to set the next needed steps for getting an
official vote for a release of BSF 2.3 ASAP thereafter, maybe as early
as the coming Monday?)

Regards,

---rony