jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayke <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: distribution question
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:58:50 GMT

Kev Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When bsf is shipped, will there be a default scripting language
> shipped with it? The reason I ask is that to refactor the bsf
> build.xml file I'd like to use a scriptdef and javascript, I can
> get this working now, but obviously this is of no use if bsf itself
> requires an extra scripting library to be built!
>
> To refactor the bsf build.xml to DRY, I can use a <scriptdef>
> instead of the horrible <antcall> structure currently available.
> As bsf is a script friendly tool, it makes some sense to use
> <scriptdef> in the building of bsf. So I guess that for
> building/testing bsf, a scripting language lib is required (like
> js.jar for example), this would make bsf dependent on a 3rd party
> product for building itself.
>
> Now, I can build bsf with the newly refactored build.xml using
> javascript, so long as I make javascript available to ants
> classpath. Is this ok or not - please give feedback.

AFAIK, Mozilla license is compatible with Apache license and I am ok
to have javascript as the default scripting language shipped with bsf.

Since bsf is essentially a framework for scripting, it would be nice to
have a default scripting language that it will always support.

Anyway we need to get the consensus of others to make this happen
and I would suggest that you continue refactoring the build.xml
making javascript available in ants classpath since this proposal
would most
likely be accepted.

Best,
Sanka

> Kev -- "I call it the State where everyone, good or bad, is a
> poison-drinker: the State where universal slow suicide is called -
> life" - Friedrich Nietzsche

- --
Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.