jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayke <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Plans?
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 05:08:50 GMT

Rony G. Flatscher wrote:
> Dear Sanka,
>> I managed to update the WWW site as per *.html files located in
>> bsf/docs directory.
>> see: http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/index.html
> Great!
> Looking at it, two little remarks:
>    * the links for BSF4Rexx have been outdated (for the time being:
>      <http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/rexx/bsf4rexx/current/>), as the
>      codebase and applicability has grown (there is now specific
>      OpenOffice/StarOffice support via BSF4Rexx included, cf. the first
>      snippet examples at <http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/>
>      looking for the language "ooRexx", they all work via BSF4Rexx);
>      of course, if I can I would change those links myself to alleviate
>      that burden a little bit from your shoulders; OTOH I would not
>      want to change anything without your consent/awareness, such that
>      you have the latest overview over the site; so please advise,
>    * at least the information on "JLog" (PROLOG in Java) seems to be
>      missing; I remember that the author has posted updated information
>      on this list.
>> What are the other contents we need to update in bsf/docs (and WWW
>> site) ?
> Probably
>    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/projects.html>,
I've removed the section on JPython since we've removed JPython Engine
some time
back and now the development has moved to Jython project. I've also
fixed some
broken links.

>    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/bsfnews.html> (last entry from
>      2002-11-12! ;) ),

>    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/manual.html> (removing the
>      debugging part which got removed in the meantime, if I am not
>      mistaken),
>    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/resources.html> (maybe updates,
>      will look for a few links here),
I've fixed the broken links. BTW can update the link to your presentation
on 'Using Rexx with BSF' ? The following link is not working ..

I am sure you can also add the materials  which you must be having
for AapacheCon Asia presentation .. :-)

>    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/faq.html> (maybe adding new items,
>      like when does BSF 2.3 go Golden, what is and what is planned for
>      BSF 3.x),
yes .. need to that content ..

>    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_bsf.html> has
>      still the very old binary distribution, don't really know about
>      the sources (this is an area where we probably need to study Hen
>      Yandell's link thoroughly to be able to automate the creation and
>      publishing of new releases),
> Again, Sanka, thank you *very* much for your efforts!
> If there is anything I can contribute/help you with, please let me
> know!
Please feel free to do any changes which feel as appropriate to the
content of WWW site. If you can commit those changes to xdocs I will
update the site manually.

- --Sanka
> Best regards,
> ---rony