jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Release Plans?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:51:12 GMT
Dear Sanka,
> I managed to update the WWW site as per *.html files located in bsf/docs directory.
>
> see: http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/index.html

Great!

Looking at it, two little remarks:

    * the links for BSF4Rexx have been outdated (for the time being:
      <http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/rgf/rexx/bsf4rexx/current/>), as the
      codebase and applicability has grown (there is now specific
      OpenOffice/StarOffice support via BSF4Rexx included, cf. the first
      snippet examples at <http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/>
      looking for the language "ooRexx", they all work via BSF4Rexx);
      of course, if I can I would change those links myself to alleviate
      that burden a little bit from your shoulders; OTOH I would not
      want to change anything without your consent/awareness, such that
      you have the latest overview over the site; so please advise,
    * at least the information on "JLog" (PROLOG in Java) seems to be
      missing; I remember that the author has posted updated information
      on this list.

> What are the other contents we need to update in bsf/docs (and WWW site) ?

Probably

    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/projects.html>,
    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/bsfnews.html> (last entry from
      2002-11-12! ;) ),
    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/manual.html> (removing the
      debugging part which got removed in the meantime, if I am not
      mistaken),
    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/resources.html> (maybe updates,
      will look for a few links here),
    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/faq.html> (maybe adding new items,
      like when does BSF 2.3 go Golden, what is and what is planned for
      BSF 3.x),
    * <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_bsf.html> has
      still the very old binary distribution, don't really know about
      the sources (this is an area where we probably need to study Hen
      Yandell's link thoroughly to be able to automate the creation and
      publishing of new releases),

Again, Sanka, thank you *very* much for your efforts! If there is
anything I can contribute/help you with, please let me know!

Best regards,

---rony