jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release Plans?
Date Sun, 23 Jul 2006 06:49:37 GMT
On 7/13/06, Rony G. Flatscher <Rony.Flatscher@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi Sanka,

> >> Rony, can you state what is needed to be done so that we can get this going?
(fixing the website first may be)

> > I mean a list of items that need to do so that we can cut the release ..
> >
> Hmm, good question. I would suggest to consider:
>
>     * automatic builds, if the source got changed (or even an automatic
>       daily build) to create a binary distribution off the latest
>       code-base for users,
>
>     * update the supported languages; it seems that there is a directory
>       tree with updated information that is not used for the Jakarta BSF
>       WWW site at the moment (like the JLog or ooRexx infos),
>     * maybe there are Apache Jakarta policies in place which would
>       influence the setup to use for both, which should be taken into
>       account?
>
> Hope that helps a little bit, and thanks a lot for your stepping
> forward, Sanka!

Jakarta Commons components all link to documentation on how to do
releases. It's commons-centric, but I bet it's 95% relevant to BSF.
Let me know if I can help - give me a private email to flag the thread
in my inbox as I don't check the BSF list very often.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/index.html

There's a Commons nightly build script that could conceivably be
extended to handle BSF.

Hen