jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject About to commit... (Re: Question ad commons logging/log4j and packaging BSF ...
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:42:06 GMT
Hi Ulf,
> The logging package should be sufficient, I think. It falls back to
> System.err if neither log4j nor java.util.logging is present.
thank you for this hint!

Would plan to check in my changes in two steps:

   1. Apply the patches to correct the dynamic creation of event
      adapters, adding an addEventListenerReturningEventInfos (to
      EngineUtils.java), adding specific code for getting at
      OpenOffice.org events (for OOo versions <= 2.0.2); did post the
      respective diffs a month ago for comments.
   2. Apply a patch which removes the specific OOo event handling code,
      as starting with the next version OOo will tag its EventAdapters
      according to the Java standard, thereby allowing BSF to get at its
      events as well.

The reason for these two steps is, that this way the specific OOo
supporting code is in the repository for people who might want to use
that for their environments. OTOH the base BSF package would not contain
any single-product specific code (should be a generic framework).

Regards,

---rony

P.S.: Who would be able to manage/update the WWW-site presence of the
bsf-project (and also a current build of BSF)?

E.g. at <http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/> one cannot find any infos on
Jython yet, although the edits were incorporated (somewhere)? I would
like to add infos on ooRexx/BSF4Rexx, that should be reflected on the
WWW as well.