jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Question ad commons logging/log4j and packaging BSF ...
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:42:48 GMT
Hi there,

just checked out the latest version of BSF in order to apply the changes
I posted a month ago for comments. It seems that the logging got changed
in the past to use commons Log and LogFactory (and removed
bsf/util/DebugLog), which is fine with me.

The question would be as follows: if creating a BSF distribution what
jar-files should be available/packaged in order for BSF to work orderly
in case of an error (when the log entries get created): the "logging"
package alone or also "log4j"? And if so, does anyone happen to know
whether it is possible to place those jars into the Java "ext"
(extension) directory, which means that these classes must not use any
other classes other than Java's base classes and whatever is in the
"ext" directory?

TIA for any insights,

---rony