jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayake <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: for release: Rhino 1.6 compatibility
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:02:20 GMT
Hi All,

On 1/23/06, Rony G. Flatscher <Rony.Flatscher@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi Ulf,
>
> >Since there's talk about getting a release out, one thing to please make
> >sure is compatibility with the latest Rhino release (1.6R2 at the moment).
> >I don't know who maintains the JS engine -probably not the core BSF team,
> >I have no idea- but maybe whoever does is listening.
> >That's been bugging me (and others) ever since I started using BSF, that
> >2.2 works with a different Rhino than 2.3, and neither works with the
> >latest. (If the current CVS version already works with it, forget what I
> >said, and sorry for wasting your time.)
> >

> AFAIC the SVN version of BSF *does* work with the latest Rhino!

yes, that is my understanding too.

> That's the reason why I would think it to be important to have an
> automated build-mechanism (at least triggered by check-ins into the SVN).

+1 !!,

We do that in most of ws-* projects at Apache where each commit
triggers an automated build mechanisam which builds a new
-SNAPSHOT-.jar from the fresh codebase.

I dont see any reason why we couldn't or shouldn't do same with BSF.

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I can start to work on
that we someone can provide me some guidance.

Best,
Sanka