jakarta-bsf-dev mailing list archives

From Sanka Samaranayake <ssa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Future plans?
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 05:58:10 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

>It's good to see activity on the bsf lists, so congrats on
>successfully applying the paddles to get a heartbeat again. Now that
>the patient is off the critical list, I'm interested in how we're
>planning to bring it back to health.
>
>What's the current plan for BSF?

We are in the process of appoint a release manager for this project. We
are targeting to get a product version of BSF out ASAP and then work on
BSF3 which will  support JSR223.

>Do you have lots of bugs that need to go out in a bug release,

No. In my understanding the current code is quite stable and there are
no major issues..

> is it just all about adding more languages
>all the time, or is there a big new rewrite in the making?

Yes .. Already there is a prototype JSR223 implementation in the source
repository. But I there is still some work to be done and it'll take
some time to get it up to a level that can be used as the next version.

--Sank